ASTM is the American Society for Testing & Materials and was founded in 1898. It is an international standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services. Some 12,575 ASTM voluntary consensus standards operate globally. Below we listed the relevant standards related to simulation equipment.
Our simulation equipment will also fulfill some of the ASTM standards.
Relevant tests for drop simulation
- ASTM D5276- Standard Test Method for Drop Test of Loaded Containers by Free Fall.
- ASTM D5487- Standard Test Method for Simulated Drop of Loaded Containers by Shock Machines.
Relevant tests for vibration simulation
- ASTM D999- Standard Test Methods for Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers.
- ASTM D3580-Standard Test Methods for Vibration (Vertical Linear Motion) Test of Products.
- ASTM D4728- Standard Test Method for Random Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers.
- ASTM D5112- Standard Test Method for Vibration (Horizontal Linear Sinusoidal Motion) Test of Products.
- ASTM D7387- Standard Test Method for Vibration Testing of Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs) Used for Shipping Liquid Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods).
Relevant tests for impact/stability simulation
- STM D880- Standard Test Method for Impact Testing for Shipping Containers and Systems.
- ASTM D1596- Standard Test Method for Dynamic Shock Cushioning Characteristics of Packaging Materials.
- ASTM D3332- Standard Test Methods for Mechanical-Shock Fragility of Products, Using Shock Machines.
- ASTM D4003- Standard Test Methods for Programmable Horizontal Impact Test for Shipping Containers and Systems.
- ASTM D5265- Standard Test Method for Bridge Impact Testing.
- ASTM D5277- Standard Test Method for Performing Programmed Horizontal Impacts Using an Inclined Impact Tester.
- ASTM D6344- Standard Test Method for Concentrated Impacts to Transport Packages
- ASTM D6537- Standard Practice for Instrumented Package Shock Testing For Determination of Package Performance.
Relevant tests for compression simulation
- ASTM Standard D642 Test Method for Determining Compressive Resistance of Shipping Containers, Components, and Unit Loads.
- ASTM Standard D4577 Test Method for Compression Resistance of a Container Under Constant Load.
- ASTM Standard D7030 Test Method for Short Term Creep Performance of Corrrugated Fiberboard Containers Under Constant Load Using a Compression Test Machine.